From the period commencing in July 2007 and concluding in January 2010, Four Corners Advisors, Inc. was involved in the following assignments for its clients:
Advisory services in connection with the potential recapitalization of a hospitality industry services provider.
- LEEWARD GROUP (Nikki Beach, Turks & Caicos)
Negotiating advice in the form of a thorough review of a proffered management agreement form by a luxury boutique operator for a mixed-use development including a resort hotel.
- BDP PC, LLC
Offered negotiating advice in the form of bullet point suggestions on the client’s discussions of a new franchise agreement for an existing hotel.
- BLUE VISTA CAPITAL PARTNERS, LLC
Reviewing a sponsor’s business plan for a resort acquisition. The investment firm relied upon Four Corners Advisors for its opinion on the sensibility of the sponsor’s plan for the takeover and transition of the resort management.
- PLUMPJACK MANAGEMENT GROUP, LLC
Acted on an ongoing basis for a luxury boutique operator as a de facto Development Department. Working with the management team as a member, Four Corners Advisors reviewed deal submissions and provided advice on expansion.
- HYATT GAMING MANAGEMENT, INC.
Provided advisory and negotiating services for a gaming management company in reviewing a transaction to undertake the management of a new casino-hotel-resort opportunity in Hungary.
- INDUSTRIAL REALTY GROUP
Acted for an investment firm in evaluating and making a recommendation for the potential acquisition of a resort property in Costa Rica that the firm had under contract.
- M GROUP HOLDING, INC.
Acted for an investment firm in evaluating and making a recommendation for the potential acquisition of a resort property in Florida, the acquisition of which the firm was pursuing.
Provided concept and planning related services to an international architecture firm for a potential resort development in the United Arab Emirates.
- HGMI, INC
Four Corners Advisors’ principal acted as Chairman of a gaming management company on an ongoing basis.
- LAKE NONA PROPERTIES HOLDINGS
Provided strategic planning services for hospitality development for a major landowner in Orlando for three separate, but adjacent, land parcels comprising in excess of 8000 acres.
- NEW CENTURY BANK
Provided a Business Plan Review for a small Chicago bank with two challenged hotel loans; this assignment entailed reviewing, critiquing and engaging the owner and manager of each Hotel in its plan to bridge the time from the recession to the recovery.
- TOMMY BAHAMA GROUP, INC.
Provided hospitality transactional insight to a branded apparel company considering the licensing of its brand to a resort developer and oversaw the negotiation of a Master Development Agreement and ancillary documents.
Advised an Indian real estate opportunity private equity fund in (1) brand and manager selection and Management Agreement negotiations for a mixed-use development in the New Capital Region near New Delhi, India and (2) brand selection and negotiation of a Master Development Agreement for a focused service brand rollout throughout India.
- Four Corners Advisors provided concept, positioning and vision statements for the conversion of an existing urban shopping mall to hotel use, including preparation of a facility program, pro formas, and lists of potential brands and managers.
- Four Corners Advisors provided concept, positioning and vision statements to assist a Puerto Rican developer in responding to an RFP for the redevelopment of a detention facility into a resort hotel use, including preparation of a facility program, pro formas, operating and marketing plans, and lists of potential brands and managers.
- Four Corners Advisors’ principal was a principal of an entity (Endeavor Hotel Holdings, LLC) created to take advantage of dislocation in the capital and debt markets serving the hospitality industry by investing in or in the capital structure of distressed hospitality assets, particularly, limited service assets.
The principal of FCA, Michael Shindler, has over 40 years of sophisticated legal and transactional experience in commercial real estate, of which the last 30 years have been spent in the hospitality field.